Your wellbeing is our priority
Most people that gamble appreciate the risks and rewards involved in games of skill and chance. It is important to be aware of your gambling behaviour, so that you remain in control of the choices you make, to ensure that gambling remains an enjoyable experience.
Steps to help you stay in control of your gambling include:
· taking regular breaks;
· setting limits on the amount of time you will game;
· sticking to a budget;
· never ‘chasing’ your losses;
· only drinking alcohol in moderation (if at all) when gaming; and
· avoiding gambling if you feel stressed or unwell.
Recognising if gambling is becoming a problem
For some people, gambling is no longer an enjoyable experience and may cause them anxiety and stress. The signs that gambling may be an issue include:
· Betting more than you can afford or spending more time gambling than you wish to;
· Feeling guilty about gaming;
· Gambling is causing health problems, such as stress and anxiety;
· Chasing losses by continuing or quickly returning to game when on a losing streak;
· Borrowing money to fund your gaming;
· Being unable to stop gaming, even for a short period;
· Using gambling to escape from a boring or unhappy life;
· Arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble; or
· Gambling is causing problems at home, work or in your relationships.
If you recognise any of these signs in yourself or a loved one, it is important to talk (in confidence) to someone who can help.
Help and support available
Our highly trained staff are at your disposal, should you wish to discuss any concerns about gambling. There are also a range of services available to provide support, should you or loved one be experiencing difficulties.
If you no longer wish to game, a member of our Gaming or Reception staff can explain voluntary self-exclusion programs to you. These may be specific to the Ritz Club or designed to cover all British land-based casinos.
This service provides information, advice and counselling to individuals, their families and friends who have concerns about gambling:
The National Gambling Helpline -0808 8020 133
This service provides information about responsible gambling, how to understand and recognise problems and where to go for further information, help and support:
The Ritz Club works closely with a specialist who has experience of successfully treating problem gamblers , and can provide discrete, confidential advice, on a one to one basis:
+44 (0) 7792 166 328